ProtoHack exists to show “non-coders” that they too can create something amazing from nothing. We want to empower you with the tools, knowledge and community to help you bring your idea to life and communicate it visually through prototyping.
How Does it Work?
- No coding is required. Instead you will use prototyping tools, drag and drop editors, mockups, wireframes and anything else you can think of to VISUALLY demo your idea on stage. (We’ve put together the best tools for non-coders, so don’t fret if you’ve never prototyped.)
- Although we encourage you to try some prototyping tools prior to attending ProtoHack, we will begin ProtoHack with optional educational workshops on how to use some of the top prototyping tools.
- You can choose to prototype alone or form a team with other participants and decide on an idea together. Teams can be up to 4 people.
- You will have 9 hours to produce a prototype. (Remember, you are creating a lean prototype of your idea and it doesn’t need to be perfect. The focus should be on visually showing what the idea is.)
- At the end, you or your team will present on stage to a panel of judges consisting of developers and investors to get feedback.
What Will I Take away From the Experience?
ProtoHack will be a 12 hour experience where you will build a prototype that communicates an idea visually.
- Learn how to effectively use industry leading tools to put together a prototype and visually communicate your idea.
- Meet other like-minded people with various backgrounds in design, business, marketing, product management and more who are all excited and passionate about building something.
- Become a better product person with a deeper understanding of UX.
- Exclusive access to over $200 in prototyping tools and sponsor related goodies.
- We will also invite developers who are looking for new projects, to come and watch the presentations so they have a no-pressure opportunity to contact you if they’re interested in helping you actually code your prototype.